Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Discovery

I have officially discovered a hidden truth. To be honest with you, I never really gave it much thought until recently, but I did it and I'm proud to pass it on to you. My discovery isn't very profound, but it has meant the world to me. I feel like I can officially begin growing because of it. Here it is: You are what God made you. There it is. That's my discovery. And now that I have unfolded this amazing knowledge, I can be confident. I can do what I do my way, not try to mimic someone else, and I will be good enough. My music is mine. My talents are mine. My body is mine. My family is mine. And if I do my very best the very best that I know how, then and only then will I be good enough. For God...For the world...For me. I have discovered the secret that I have been searching for. The past few years I have tried several different theories, patterned my life, my parenting and my abilities (more specifically my singing) after those who have already succeeded in those areas. But each theory has placed me on a dead end road. I finally have decided that what works the most for me is to simply be me. Now that I have found that knowledge, I feel I will succeed. So, watch out world! Ready or not, here I come!

No comments: