Sunday, December 21, 2008

Confusion

I'm so confused. Most people go through it in their teenage or early twenties. I'm quite a bit older and have just begun that stage of life. I am now looking for answers for my life. I want to take a moment and sort things out with you. Maybe you could shed a little light for me.

Every choice I make, every chance I take, every prompting I follow, every goal I set, every everything in my life is blowing up in my face and has been for months! (It's that way with all life in general, but let's just talk my music.) I think I feel like I should pursue my music, othertimes I feel like an unseen force is holding me back and getting in the way. I really, honestly, truly cannot decide if it is the Lord's way of saying "You're wrong" or Satan's way of saying "You're right"! Talking to my super-smart friends has gotten me nowhere. I have mixed reviews and several people have thrown their hands in the air and said I'm on my own. Thanks guys, I already knew that.

So, I need your feedback. How can I tell if the Lord is telling me that the choices I've made(which are all wholesome, good, worthy decisions) are not the paths that I should take or if Satan is trying to intervene in my life, stopping me from pursuing that which is right?

I tend sway to the side of feeling like it is Satan intervening. But also, I sometimes feel like the Lord is just trying to perfect my faith, to make me prove something to Him. And othertimes I feel as though the Lord is intervening to tell me not to pursue. I think my mind is so jumbled, trying to sort everything out that I have NO idea what to think! If you have any advice, please help me out!

3 comments:

shawna said...

Audrey, I love ya! You are wonderful. The only advice I can give you is this. If you have truly fasted and prayed about what direction you should be going with your music and having these confusing thoughts then personally I think it is the Lord's way of saying not now. You know that stupor of thought feeling you can get. Hey you have three young boys to raise and shape into righteous young men and maybe that is what the Lord wants you to focus on now. You can still enjoy your music by sharing it in church, to your family and friends. I think your day will come but the most important thing right now is your calling as a mother. Especially in these trying days when Satan is working overtime and he is working harder than before on the youth. Yes he is targeting the elementary age kids too. He wants you spent time away from your family so he can work on them. So here's my advice put your talents and time into raising those three handsome and amazing young boys of yours and being there for your wonderful husband. They are the most important thing you can invest your time in. The teenage years are not far away and I testify to you that that is a crucial time for you to totally be there for them. The Lord will bless you for being the kind of mother he knows you can be and for devoting your time into this most sacred calling he has bestowed upon you. So take care, be happy and may our loving and caring Heavenly Father bless you and your family always. Love ya, Shawna

CHERISE AND MARTY said...

I AGREE WHOLE HEART WITH WHAT SHAWNA SAYS, I WOULD ALSO SAY TO YOU, GO TO THE TEMPLE, NOT JUST ONCE, BUT SEVERAL TIMES, SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED THAT PEACE INSIDE THE TEMPLE TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS ON YOUR ANSWER, THERE IS A REASON WHY YOU ARE NOT GETTING A CLEAR CUT ANSWER, SOMETIMES IT IS HARD TO ACCEPT WHAT WE WANT, WHEN WE WANT IT, BUT THE LORD HAS HIS OWN TIME TABLE FOR US. ALSO, TRY PUTTING YOUR NAME IN THE TEMPLE, THAT ALWAYS HELPS TOO. LOVE,C

Cristi said...

Audrey, dear. How I love you and how I respect you! Truly! You are a gem. I've read and re-read this post, wondering how to respond. Mainly, because I've been in your position with almost the very same thing. So I can honestly relate to what you're feeling right now. And here's my two cents (for what it's worth). As I look back over my life now, in retrospect, I can see that during times when I've been in a similar situation as you are in right now, when I've felt completely confused and things weren't working out, it meant that the timing was off. When things were right, and meant to move forward, almost every single time in my life things just fell into place and I always felt a lot of peace about things. Just because you're having these confusing thoughts doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong and you should stop pursuing it. But, perhaps, it means the timing is wrong and you need to focus your efforts into other things right now. Continue working on your music when you can. But don't put so much focus into it that you lose sight of other things that perhaps Heavenly Father is trying to tell you are higher on your priority list at this time in your life. You are such a righteous, good person. And I know that you want to (and do) live by the Spirit. If you continue to do that, you'll be surprised at how things will one day fall into place and you'll look back and say "Oh. THAT'S why that didn't happen THEN and why it's happening NOW." Trust in that. And for now, do what brings you peace and joy and follow where the Lord is leading you and your family.

Love you and Merry Christmas!