Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Am Surrounded...

After much meditation, contemplating and even more observing, I have discovered the truth: I am completely surrounded and there's no way denying it. No, there are no guns pointing at me asking me to put my hands behind my head.

What I mean is that I have simply discovered that I am completely and utterly surrounded by Heavenly Father's goodness. I realized today how many blessings I have and how God's love and his infinite goodness are shown in everything I see, all that surrounds me. I live in such an amazing community where unmeasurable love and support abound. The people are good and care so deeply for their neighbors as well as for those who are not their neighbors. They are deeply devoted to what they feel is right, whether it's the same as what another believes or not AND they respect each other's beliefs.

I am surrounded by family who loves and cares and supports each other.

I am surrounded by the beauties of the earth-a clear and open sky with nothing to shield me from seeing the stars, except for an occasional cloud. I have protective mountains on both sides of my home, the smell of hard work stemming from the agricultural occupations is proof our community is anything but lazy. I hear the rattle of the train tracks, the birds and insects and neighbor's children playing and it reassures me that busyness is elsewhere and we have quite peace in our residence.

I am surrounded by the gospel, by those who believe, by a testimony of truth and wisdom. I feel it in all my being. I have the scriptures, a church, good leaders, a living prophet, a Savior, a Father in Heaven. I have prayer. I have faith. I have peace.

I am surrounded...

1 comment:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

THANK YOU SWEET DAUGHTER OF MINE
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
HUGS
MOM