Monday, September 7, 2009

Into the Swing of Things

So, I haven't really done much of anything lately with my music. I began teaching music to the 3rd, 5th and 6th grade levels last week at our elementary school. I love it. I work 12 hours a week, which isn't all that bad but just puts a kink in my routine. I am also teaching 5 private voice students-3 on Monday and 2 on Tuesdays. I love doing it. I love to watch them progress. They are so talented. I've also been working one-on-one with a YM in our ward, helping him with auditions for the upcoming h.s. musical "Once Upon A Mattress". In exchange for my help, he has been giving me running tips/lessons, since he's on the top of his running game. I feel like it's a fair trade.



So as you can see, I've been real busy since school started. I'm going to get back into the swing of things, though and I have several leads for new songs I intend to write as soon as I figure out a new routine. It just might take a few weeks before I figure it all out. So for now, I'll leave you with a little something you can remember me by. You can just "enjoy" this picture of me on the last road trip I did with the fireside group, in the motorhome where we slept, sans make-up! Yeah for NO make-up! Yeah for corny pictures and yeah for shiny faces!

2 comments:

Grandma Vic said...

Wow, you look good with no makeup-I was scary this week, I went without in the truck a few days, humidity feels good on the skin, but it melts the makeup and hairspray does no good. Oh well. Good luck with running and the new music

Audrey Bandley said...

Thanks! I happen to love no make-up days. I dread having to put it on! In fact, when I was hired on at the school I really, literally cried one night realizing I had to put it on every, single day. Oh well, there's always the weekends...