Thursday, October 15, 2009

Have You Ever Had Days Like This?

Today I woke to a most unfriendly day, which began with the fact that I had an 8:00 meeting which meant I needed to get the children up and ready for school earlier than normal. I then drove our old-beater truck to the meeting (because Phil commutes with the van right now) just to have it blow a hose and spray antifreeze everywhere, causing it to smoke and stink ferociously! Walking into the meeting late, I notice a note on the door that says "meeting moved until Tuesday morning. Please note the email I sent you". (By the way, the email address she's talking about isn't up and going yet and I have no access to it therefore, she knew that she needed to call me). So, now I'm stuck at the high school with no car home and the 10 mile walk home wasn't sounding very good since I am having pain due to severe asthma problems right now. UGH! It was going to be one of those days...

So, I made it home with some divine intervention from my neighbor who just happened to be sitting in the parking lot at the right time. After coming home, I vented to a dear friend and tears swelled up in my eyes. I was sick of this being the story of my life! It seems a constant title to the next chapter! My nerves were shot and I didn't feel good. So, I let it all out. And after doing so, I decided to change my attitude. I turned on the General Conference podcasts that I had downloaded onto my iTunes and cranked up the volume as I began my chores. It wasn't long before I realized how blessed I am.

How wonderful that we have those tools at our very disposal, at our fingertips any second of any day! The Prophets words can not only be read, but also listened to whenever we have need of them. We don't have to wait until he journeys to our town to listen to his words, as it was not so very long ago. What an amazing gift the internet is for us! The Lord does have a purpose to everything He allows invented or created. How incredible it is to know that anytime we're feeling "spiritually thirsty", all we have to do is click on a button and our thirst will be quenched!

I am so grateful for the words which were spoken at General Conference this month. I love the Spirit I feel there. I love those who speak. I love the messages shared. I love that I can listen to them anywhere, anytime. I love the gospel.

1 comment:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY DEAR DAUGHTER HOW MUCH I TRUELY LOVE YOU!
YOUR SO STRONG AND I LOVE YOU FOR SEEKING AND MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES IN YOUR LIFE. I WOULD HAVE SAID A 4 LETTER WORD AND HAD A TANTRUM. BUT YOU GIVE ME SUCH HOPE AND INSPIRATION. AND I LOVE YOU FOR THAT !
THANK YOU AUDREY
LOVE
MOM