Yay!!!! I have finally finished another song! This one was created in behalf of a good friend of mine (you know who you are...I've TOLD you). I feel like the lyrics are finished. BUT, I can't decide on a title. Listed below are the options. PLEASE help me decide which title you like best! This song already has a complex from going through about 12 different titles, so let's get it settled, shall we!?!?!?!
Also, when you listen to this, keep in mind the fact that the song was recorded AT HOME with a digital voice recorder, so of COURSE it's gonna show a lot of flaws. The vocal is a little difficult to hear because the machine picks up the piano much better. The voice is gonna sound "off" in places because I had to SIT instead of stand, thus making it difficult to control, and it's 11:00 at night to boot. I am not an accomplished pianist, so the piano is gonna sound, um, shall we say "Not quite professional" to say the least. I have all hopes of getting a better recording someday, but for now this will have to work. The accompaniment still needs a little dynamic work on it, but in the clip you can get the general idea. Oh, yeah! The last two lines "Savior, Redeemer...." are actually a very quiet, almost nonaudible descant as the song closes, but you can't get that feeling from this recording. Remember the scriptures tell us: "judge not that you be not judged..."
Here are the lyrics:
Face The Rain or Heaven's Light
by Audrey Bandley
copyright 2010
Sometimes
Life storms
Stars and sunshine fades away
Winds of change and rains of sorrow
Beat upon my helpless heart
Sometimes
Everyday life
Quakes my soul
A weakened reed, bending in the breeze
Searching for relief once more
It's then I realize
All I need is Heaven's light
A humble ray of hope
To flow inside my soul
If I can feel His warmth
Then when the thunders roll, I know
He will shelter me
So I can face the rain
When the tempest blows
He will calm the seas in me
Through the whirlwinds in my life
He quiets all my fears
If I surrender my control
Of the elements around my soul
All I need is Heaven's light
A humble ray of hope
To flow inside my soul
If I can feel His warmth
Then when the thunders roll, I know
He will shelter me
So I can face the rain
Savior, Redeemer, shelter me I pray
Savior, Redeemer, shelter me I pray
2 comments:
SIS
LOVED THE SONG
AS I WAS LISTENING TO IT I WAS IMPRESSED AT HOW IT MUST EXPRESS THE FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR FRIEND. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.
TITLES I THOUGHT OF ALSO:
FACING HEAVENS RAIN
FACE HEAVENS RAINING STRENGHT
I LOVE YOU
MOM
HOWEVER
I LIKE BOTH YOUR TITLES
MAYBE SHE COULD CHOOSE THE ONE THAT FITS HER FEELINGS
LOVE
MOM
Post a Comment