Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For A Good Cause...


This past week has been a terrible whirlwind of emotions. My older brother went through a traumatic surgery, during recovery went into cardiac arrest which left him brain-dead and ended up on life support for several days while the physicians ran several tests. He passed away this weekend leaving behind a beautiful, young wife, a 6 year old son and a 2 year old daughter and a giant heap of financial strain with medical bills and funeral expenses, for they were not ever able to get any insurance for him due to his poor health. With this passing came many broken dreams and shattered hearts.

Upon awaiting the news of his surgery (when all was still optomistic) I finished revising the song posted earlier as both "Light" and "Face the Rain". I never, ever felt as though the song was completed and I sat and worked on it a bit more, resurfacing the chorus and accompaniment. By the end of the surgery, the song was complete. It was perfect. Then all the news came and I neglected it.

On Sunday, I sat again to play it (since it was to be recorded on the CD and I didn't want to forget it prior to the recording date) when I realized why it hadn't been complete before. This song captures my brothers feelings intensely. I hadn't written it with him in mind, yet it came out voicing HIS fears, HIS feelings, HIS emotions. I cried. No, I sobbed and immediately called my parents, explaining the situation. I am to play this song at his funeral.

With this came many mixed emotions. But the one that weighed most heavily on my mind was the fact that this song was to be sold. I wrote this song, arranged it and hired a guitarist to record it with me on the CD that I was to benefit from. How MORBID! How could I capatalize on something so sacred! I struggled with my feelings until my wonderful husband held me and helped me to realize that it is the answer to how I can help my brother's little family. I hope others will see it that way.

So, here's the plan: in a couple of short weeks this song, permanantly named "Shelter Me" will be on my website http://www.audreybandley.com/ (it's not up and running just yet, but it's in the works...), available for digital download for a small fee. All proceeds from this song will be donated to my brother's family. Hopefully, I can capture the emotions and courage of enough people that they, in turn will help spread the word and we can make a difference to these beautiful people. I will let you know as soon as it is finished, so that you can support the cause.

9 comments:

CHERISE AND MARTY said...

audrey, words cannot express the emotion i felt when i read this, how awesome to have a talent that can benefit your sweet brother's family, Heavenly Father is truly watching over each of you and blessing you with what you need at this time. thank you for sharing this with us, you are truly a faithful sister and daughter. love ya lots, cricket

contessa and lorin zippay said...

Audrey, I felt so overwhelmed by the spirit when I read this...I would love to purchase this song....I am sure that you doing this is bringing tears of joy to cory right now. There is no greater love than to share the love you have for your brother with his precious little family. I love you .....love tessie

Natalie said...

I couldn't think of anything that would mean more to your brother's family than this act of service and kindness. :) That is a great plan and we are excited to hear it.

herofanfamily said...

Amazing idea! You're talent will help your brothers family and help his life carry on.

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

My dear Audrey
YOUR MOM AND DAD ARE SO FULL OF EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW, ARE HEARTS ARE SO FULL OF LOVE FOR OUR CHILDREN AND FOR YOUR SWEET SPIRIT IN THIS SONG FOR CORY'S FAMILY.
I JUST HAVE TO SIT AND THANK THE LORD FOR YOU AND WHAT HE HAS HELPED YOU WITH LATELY.
I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE GIRL
MOM

The 6 Steiners said...

I think this will be awesome! Let us know when its up and we can not wait to hear it!

Grandma Vic said...

Hey sweet lady, this touched my heart immensely. Remember, a while back when I blogged you to be patient and it would happen in God's time...well, it's his time and you are making a difference. Thanks for sharing your love with the family.
Hugs and love, Vicky

jeff and char said...

sounds great i love that idea and the song was amazing i will pass the info to people around here and post it in the salon your a sweet sister and daughter! i am proud of all your accomplishments and hope you are well love ya char

Fern said...

Audrey what you are doing for your brother and his family is so awesome. He was so lucky to have you in his life. You can count on me to help in this quest!!! Love ya Sweetie!! Fern