Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So.....

So......I was reading the scriptures this morning and came across a really, really awesome verse that has given me a new perspective on the life and the gospel and everything that surrounds me. In D&C 63:9 it simply states: "But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe."

What a powerful and influential sentence! I felt so much strength in that one little statement! How many of us (me, included) go through times where we think "If only there was a sign to follow" or "I'd believe if I had one unmistakable sign" or even "I just need proof..."

But the scriptures tell us right there in black and white (mine now has red ink lining it too) that we can only receive these signs AFTER we believe. The Lord will not give signs to seekers, but only to believers.

Believe. Have faith. Then receive.

2 comments:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS HONEY
IT MADE ME THINK ALOT ABOUT HOW
I WAIT FOR THINGS TO HAPPENED AND A SIGN THAT THINGS ARE GOING RIGHT
WHEN I SHOULD BE BELIEVING AND KNOWING THOSE MANY THINGS ALREADY IN MY LIFE. GREAT SCRIPTURE.

XOXO MOM

herofanfamily said...

Great scripture!