Sunday, December 19, 2010

Poor, Little Sheep! hee, hee, hee, hee...

Sooooo...I was driving to a CD signing party in Burley, Idaho this weekend...by myself...and I saw hands-down THE funniest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. (Okay, maybe not my WHOLE life, but maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen all month...)
Anyway, about 10 minutes from my destination and talking on the phone to my husband, I noticed an on-ramp and, being the cautious driver that I am (DISCLAIMER: pretend previous note about being on the phone isn't actually written), I looked to see if there were any vehicles I needed to make way for. What I saw actually made me SQUEAL on the phone with sheer delight! There, near the merging point of the on-ramp was.................a sheep. Just one. Seriously! It was literally walking quickly up the ramp to merge into oncoming traffic! I kept thinking of how sorry that poor little feller was gonna be when the first semi drives by. I thought of a great sign to attach to his "bum"-per. I thought about pulling over and seeing if he was going my way. I even thought about lots of smart remarks and punchlines I could make up! I laughed my guts out at that sight! I giggled SO profusely loud and all my husband did was just grunt in the phone and say quite monotonously..."hmmmm. funny." I then realized, there are just some things that must be seen to really appreciate. This was one of those times.

SOOOooooo....in honor of this most precious event, because I want you to FULLY appreciate this amazingly hilarious non-fiction story (AND because I didn't have a camera to take a picture and even if I did, I was too busy driving CAUTIOUSLY...), I drew you a picture.

You're welcome.
P.S. copyright emblem drawn so those of you who realize how cool it is and who want to try and copy it will know that this IS in fact my very own work! :)

2 comments:

Lamb said...

Ha! Maybe it was one of my relatives;) You know you are in Idaho when you see sheep merging on the freeway! So funny!

Audrey Bandley said...

PUN OF THE DAY, as delivered by my father: "Watch out for those darn sheep. They're sometimes known to do sudden EWE-turns!"