Thursday, March 17, 2011

{Clover} Day Giveaway!


Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers.
~Author Unknown

I love to hear stories of good luck.
I love to give away.
SOOOOOOooooooo....
Let's try our luck, shall we?
I've got a hankerin' to give something away....again!
I've got
ONE FREE $25 gift certificate to Olive Garden
(not Irish, I know, but I'd think I was lucky if I won something to Olive Garden....)

I really, really wanna give to one LUCKY person.
So, here's the deal...
Anyone who posts a comment on THIS BLOG
telling their LUCKIEST story ever
will be eligible to win.
I will choose my very favorite story, who will then be considered the WINNER!

I'll let you know the winner on Saturday morning!
Contest only open today until midnight!

Luck 'o the Irish be wi' ya!



10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Bummer, I posted this once and it didn't make it through. Let me try again...

My incident happened just last fall. I was at my sister's house while she was canning salsa. I was standing at her stove frying egg rolls. The canner was cooking 12(?) pints of salsa at the time. As I was standing there I heard a loud popping sound and the next thing I knew I had salsa covering the right side of my face and ears. I could hear my sister screaming to see if I was alright. I couldn't answer her because I was still stunned. I ran to the sink and started washing the heat off my face. It was hot not only from the cooking, but from the jalapenos too. When I could finally see again, the mess was unimaginable. There was salsa and glass covering her walls, ceiling, cabinets, appliances, floor, you name it. The ceiling had a hole and a few dents from LARGE shards of glass.

What happened? The stove was never turned down after it started to boil causing it to run out of water and explode.

Out of 5 adults and a handful of children in that kitchen, the only injuries were some superficial burns to my cheek and ear. They were so insignificant, I wouldn't even really call them injuries.

With so many shards of glass and hot salsa all over, not to mention the lid from the canner that shot off with enough force to take anyone down, I would say that was some pretty good luck there.

Ashley Howarth said...

Well Audry I can't think of anything really but the one thing that does pop out in my head is....My husband and I had been wanting a baby for a while. We tried for alomst two years after going to different doctors and specialist. I started thinking that maybe i wasn't going to get the chance to be a Mom. After taking too many pregnancy tests I finally got one that said positive. I will never forget that day. You could say that was the LUCKIEST day of my life. To this day we still call him our MIRACLE. I'm am now BLESSED to have my two little ANGELS in my life. It is so amazing to be a Mom and that alone is a LUCKY thing.

Lamb said...

I am lucky enough to know YOU! Do I win?

Rachel said...

I wrote a big, long, lucky story and it disappeared when I pushed the button to leave my comment. So I guess I will just say GOOD LUCK to all you lucky people who were able to write down your stories. Mine today was UNlucky!

Lisa Marie said...

It was an ordinary day at the Stonehocker house when I get a call from a lady in my Ward. She says she heard my name on the radio and I needed to call in and claim my prize. So I called, I won four 3 day park hopper passes to Disneyland and a 2 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel & Resort!! How lucky is that!? And the other kicker for me was that the lady signed up her 3 daughters for piano lessons during the call as well. We SO needed the money. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Lowana Johnson said...

Many years ago our family was taking the first big vacation we had ever taken. Our first night away from home we were planning to stay with relatives. As we neared the town where we were planning to spend the night, I asked my spouse where his relatives lived. He had brought neither their address or their phone number. I had incorrectly assumed that he would have taken care of that. We were a days drive from home, hungry, and tired in a very large, very unfamiliar town. We found a phone booth and learned that our relatives were not listed. As my spouse filled up the tank of gas, I had a clear impression to walk to the next block to the grocery store to get something for us to eat. My daugther and I trekked into the store and began to look around trying to decide what we wanted to buy whe my daughter said, "Look mom, isn't that dad's sister?" Sure enough, standing in the check out line were our relatives for whom we had been searching. They lived far away from this store and rarely ever shopped there. For us it wasn't just luck, it was nothing short of a miracle!

Kylie Jones said...

Okay SO I was a sophomore in high school and had been chosen as 1 of the 50 participants for the Ken Garff Keys to Success program to have a key and try to start the car. WELL I had this dream the night before that I drew key #33 and won the car, that very next day I drew out key #33, and was way wigged out by this weird occurrence but just went with it. As I was standing in the line waiting to start for my turn to try and start the car, I said a prayer asking that His will be done and whoever needed this car would win it, it didn't matter if it was me or not. Anyways as I was about to turn the key I thought to myself - I've never had a car not start on me before and BAM! The car started and I won a FREE car! Mind you I sold it and got a Toyota Corolla instead but hey I won a car! How many people can say they won a car when they were 16? Not many!! I think that is pretty dang lucky!

Jillayne Clements said...

When I was a teen, I went with my family and cousins to the Manti pageant. On the return trip home, we stopped off for a bathroom break, and during that break, my grandma rearranged the back of the van we (my cousins, some siblings, and me) were riding in. (About five of us rode in the area behind all the seats without seat belts.) Anywho, later that day as we were traveling, we were in a bad car accident. The lucky thing is that none of us was hurt, and a large part of that was due to the fact that my grandma felt inspired to move some heavy things, like the tire iron, so that no one would be injured by it "...in case we need to make a quick stop."

Jillayne Clements said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

WELL TODAY WE WENT TO PEORIA ARIZONA TO GET A PICTURE AT THE STADIUM AND A MAN A LITTLE BOY NAMED CONNOR SAT BY US AND WE WERE ASKED WHERE WE WERE FROM AND THEY SAID THEY HAD FAMILY IN UTAH. THEY ASKED WHERE WE WERE SITTING FOR THE BALL GAME AND WE SAID THAT IT WAS SOLD OUT, THE MAN SAID I HAVE 2 EXTRA TICKETS BEHIND THE DUGOUT AND THEY ARE YOURS. WE WERE SHOCKED AND THEY SAT BY US, THEN A MAN SAT ACROSS FROM US AND IT WAS DAVE WINFIELD (RETIRED) WE GOT TO TALK AND GET AUTOGRAPHS AND THEN A LADY SAT BY ME AND TALKED. SHE TOLD ME ABOUT JUST LOSING HER SISTER IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND SO I TOLD HER ABOUT CJ A LITTLE. WE BOTH CRIED, BECAUSE HER SISTER ALWAYS CAME TO THE GAMES WITH HER ALSO. IT WAS REAL SPRITUAL AND AWESOME. ANYWAY I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU, BUT DON'T NEED THE PRIZE CAUSE I LOVED ALL THE STORIES AND WISHED I COULD GIVE THEM ALL A CERTIFICATE FROM YOU
AUDREY YOU ARE AMAZING
THANK YOU