Thursday, April 21, 2011

10 Things You May (or may not) Know About Me-part one

Because it's Spring Break and I'm sitting in my house with nothing to do (the kitchen is completely TORN apart because of our recent flood and it prevents me from cooking and cleaning {NO sigh})...I am now giving you a glimpse of me. I'm calling it:

Here are 10 things you may (or may not) know about me:

10. Upon talking to others, the words "I have never..." generally come up because I have NEVER done anything: I have never been skiing. I have never been to the Grand Canyon. I have never been outside the US. I have never said a swear word. I have never eaten sushi. (You get the hint. I have never done anything.)

9. When I was younger-ish (not really gonna tell you an ACTUAL age or anything), when other girls were running and listening to music, I was in the back yard pretending to make music videos with Debbie Gibson and NKOTB. Funniest part: I never had a camera. Just pretend ones.

8. I got kicked out of junior high orchestra because I wanted to PLAY the violin and not just sit around and LISTEN to music with violins in it. (I'm sure there was more to it than that, like the fact that I was LOUSY at violin, but that's all I remember.)

7. My very favorite color in all the world is "shades of white with a little splash of red".

6. I've tried for YEARS to learn to like tomatoes, but no matter how much I psyche myself out, I still gag and spit them out.

5. I still watch Disney Channel every chance I get. The shows now don't compare to the awesomeness of Kids Inc. and the Mickey Mouse Club from the good old days, though...

4. I believe that flip-flops and galoshes should be categorized as "business attire".

3. I believe that EVERYONE is much more beautiful without make-up.

2. The very, very first song I ever wrote was one I wrote about a boy I had a not-so-secret crush on who, for obvious reasons, did NOT return the feelings and I was crushed about how he could POSSIBLY be nice to me but like someone else. It was called "Womanizer". Not really hit material...hopefully it never surfaces...

1. Once, when I was six, my brother and I ate an ENTIRE case of beef jerky, which was actually supposed to be used as a promo for the radio station my dad worked for. He didn't work for that company very long....

Now, I want to get to know YOU. Leave me a comment with ONE random thing about you.

2 comments:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

LET ME SEE

1 THING YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME IS
?????
ARE YOU READY ?

I REALLY TRUELY LOVE WRITTING STORIES. I HAVE ACTUALLY 5 BOOKS READY TO PUBLISH AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND I THINK YOU'D BE SURPRISED AT THE MESSAGES THEY WILL SERVE.
ALSO 1 MORE IS I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO SPEAK IN FRONT OF PEOPLE

HUGS MOM
GOING TO GRANDMA'S

Lisa said...

I once wrote a song about I also had a not-so-secret crush on. It was called "Loveridge Rock" and it was a sad ballad about how I hiked all day to the top of a mountain to see if I could find our initials carved into a rock of love and didn't find them. I sang it into my tape recorder, a capella, and found the tape of myself about a year later. I've never liked the sound of my voice since then.