Monday, April 11, 2011

Chinese Proverb

An old Chinese Proverb reads:

The longer the night lasts, the more our dreams will be.

I found this tweet on twitter last week.
I wrote it down and posted it where I can see it daily.
As I've thought about this over the last several days, I've applied it to my own life.

There have been so many times in my life where I have felt like the night (figuratively speaking) had no ending and morning would never come; times when burdens seemed endless and I felt so useless and I felt no direction or peace. All I had during these times were my dreams, my hopes, my ambitions, my desires...
And it was those times where I dreamt the most and came up with the greatest ideas and forced myself to rise above the darkness to create light in my life. It was those times where my dreams led me to my knees and pushed me to pray and pour my soul into the scriptures. And those are the times that I have discovered greater things inside of me.

Yes, I dare say that the old proverb stands true. The Lord gives us dark times for a reason. He sees the outcome. He will test us and try us so that we can learn and grow and become better than we were before. And if we are willing to dream instead of doubt, in those times of darkness, we will shine.

These things I know are true.

No comments: