Friday, August 19, 2011

I Am...


On Wednesday, I drove to SLC for a Soundcheck Series workshop taught by
life coach Tony Lister.
It was supposed to teach me how not hold myself back in my career.

I didn't exactly know what I was in for.

The class didn't just change my focus in a business sense.
It has changed my life.
I brought it home and shared it with my husband.
It has changed his life.

Obviously, I cannot share the entire seminar with you.
But I can share ONE perspective that I feel will benefit you, if you keep an open mind.
I want it to change your life, too.
(No, I am not being paid or encouraged to endorse this. I really, truthfully feel like this is powerful stuff and I'm sharing this by my own free will and choice!)

Here we go:

Many of us define ourselves as: what we've done, how much we've accomplished, what has happened to us, who we're related to, what we think, what we eat, how we look, where we've been, what we're called, how we act, what we own, what we wear, etc., etc., etc...

But all of that is false. We are NOT those things by definition. Those things do NOT make us who we are.

For example, my name is Audrey Bandley.
I am a singer/songwriter.
I have a normal body with legs and arms and brown hair and blue-ish eyes.
I try to keep my body healthy.
I drive an old beat up Ford truck and live in an old-ish home.
I am a mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, assistant, teacher, neighbor and some girl down the street.
I make mistakes...quite often...
Life hasn't always been fair, but I have risen above challenges.

Now, those are what I would generally use to identify myself.

BUT...

If you take away my name....I still exist.
If you take away my possessions...I still exist.
If you take away my mistakes or my successes or my accomplishments...I still exist.
If you know nothing about my past or anything that has happened to me....I still exist.
Everything can be taken away from me, but I still exist.

So...these are not a definition of who I am.

So, exactly who am I?

I am my soul.
I am intelligence.
I was created from intelligence: the Lord took matter unformed, molded it into intelligence and called it "me".

And, as such, and because I am essentially "intelligence" at the very core, I am capable.
I have limitless potential.
I have ability.
Therefore, I am.

The scriptures tell us that we were all created from matter unformed...
that our spirits are intelligence.
We each have limitless potential.
We each have powers and abilities
that we refuse to put to use
because we allow our past or our mistakes or our fears or our possessions
or our lack of possessions
or our insecurities
to hold us down.

We must overcome. We must look inside at the core of our very selves to embrace that which we can become. Because we have something important to share. We were each blessed
with something that the Lord needs us to share in order to change the world.

So,
put the following quote on your fridge or your mirror or your dashboard or anywhere else you may see it often:

Every person has the ability to inspire others to greatness.
The quest is to remember the greatness in yourself,

and share this greatness with the people in your world.


-Tony Lister


Read this often.
Embrace this truth.
Accept your greatness.
Start inspiring others....now...

3 comments:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

I LOVE THIS AUDREY
THANKS FOR SHARING WHAT YOU LEARNED AND I WILL LOOK DIFFERENTLY ABOUT ALOT OF THINGS BECAUSE OF THIS. I AM .....

The Taylors said...

I love this!!! I want to share it with everyone I know!!! You are a very inspiring person and I thank you for your example to all of us!!!

Our Family said...

Beautiful! Thanks :)