I am a mean mom.
I'm totally unfair.
Yup. I'm every child's nightmare.
At least, that's what I'm told.
They have to do chores and homework BEFORE they can play.
{gasp}
They are required to do dishes one whole night a week.
{the agony!}
I also make them clean their rooms according to my "high" expectations.
(Their clothes actually have to be in their hamper, toys in their boxes and beds made.)
{sigh and roll eyes...or faint, whichever you prefer}
Some call me "stubborn". I like to say that:
"I'm. Immovable."
I was reminded of this before school today.
The home was a bit "contentious" today as I had the
AUDACITY to actually send my children to school...
on their brand, new BIKES...
in the slightly detectable breeze,
into the cold.
(Sorry! I'm really, really terrible at remembering to take pictures and I KNOW blogs are so much better with a little visual in it...so this is what you get. These are the only pictures of their bikes I have...they got them for Christmas..)
Alas...
after time,
they realized their fighting was futile
as they were reminded that I would ultimately win
and that I know best
and that they will survive just fine.
Besides, a little exercise never hurt anyone.
It makes them stronger.
(they LOVE it when I say that...)
STOP!!!
[Disclaimer: I will never put them into a situation that could
potentially harm them or make them sick
or anything.
It wasn't THAT cold...at least not NEARLY as cold as it was yesterday...]
READ ON!!!
As they left, I smiled [maybe I actually smirked] at the fact
that I once again won the battle.
Then, I was reminded of times when I have tried to argue with an Immovable Parent as well.
Sometimes I whine and cry and dig in my heels
to try my best at convincing Heavenly Father
that I know best,
that my way is better
and that
I cannot or will not survive if He asks me to "ride my bike into the storm"
one more time.
I try my hardest to make Him see things my way
but...
He is immovable.
Why?
Because He knows He needs to win because
He knows what's best for me,
and
He knows that I will survive just fine,
if I just trust Him.
He knows a little "exercise for the soul" never hurt anyone
as long as they allow it
to make them stronger.
And He wants me to become the best that I can be
but I can only reach that potential,
if I allow myself to be guided by His eternal power,
and acknowledge the fact that
He is immovable
for a reason...

Yup. I'm every child's nightmare.
At least, that's what I'm told.
They have to do chores and homework BEFORE they can play.
{gasp}
They are required to do dishes one whole night a week.
{the agony!}
I also make them clean their rooms according to my "high" expectations.
(Their clothes actually have to be in their hamper, toys in their boxes and beds made.)
{sigh and roll eyes...or faint, whichever you prefer}
Some call me "stubborn". I like to say that:
"I'm. Immovable."
I was reminded of this before school today.
The home was a bit "contentious" today as I had the
AUDACITY to actually send my children to school...
on their brand, new BIKES...
in the slightly detectable breeze,
into the cold.
Alas...
after time,
they realized their fighting was futile
as they were reminded that I would ultimately win
and that I know best
and that they will survive just fine.
Besides, a little exercise never hurt anyone.
It makes them stronger.
(they LOVE it when I say that...)
STOP!!!
[Disclaimer: I will never put them into a situation that could
potentially harm them or make them sick
or anything.
It wasn't THAT cold...at least not NEARLY as cold as it was yesterday...]
READ ON!!!
As they left, I smiled [maybe I actually smirked] at the fact
that I once again won the battle.
Then, I was reminded of times when I have tried to argue with an Immovable Parent as well.
Sometimes I whine and cry and dig in my heels
to try my best at convincing Heavenly Father
that I know best,
that my way is better
and that
I cannot or will not survive if He asks me to "ride my bike into the storm"
one more time.
I try my hardest to make Him see things my way
but...
He is immovable.
Why?
Because He knows He needs to win because
He knows what's best for me,
and
He knows that I will survive just fine,
if I just trust Him.
He knows a little "exercise for the soul" never hurt anyone
as long as they allow it
to make them stronger.
And He wants me to become the best that I can be
but I can only reach that potential,
if I allow myself to be guided by His eternal power,
and acknowledge the fact that
He is immovable
for a reason...

4 comments:
Wow, Audrey! That's some tough love! ;) Thank you for the reminder, it was much needed today!
LOVE THAT TOUGH LOVE, AND THE REMINDER OF WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE AND WHY.
Love this!
I really like this. I bet even angels in heaven are reading this going, "you go gUrl!" And then they do that side snap thing with a head bob because angels are hip and probably love keeping up with your blog instead of with those Kardashians.... what?
Post a Comment