Sunday, March 11, 2012

You ARE Worth It!

Once upon a time...
earlier this year...

I was put on the spot as I was asked to speak to the Young Women of a very amazing ward.
It was basically a "tell me a little about your life and discovering your divine potential" sort of talk.

I spoke a bit about my life and how it got me where I am today,
cried a tad, tiny bit,
and turned all sorts of colors

(I do that when I get emotional).

There was enough time at the end for a
Q&A sort of period.
(They come up with some pretty good questions, btw!)
But one 16 year old stopped me in my tracks.
Floored me.
Deer-in-the-headlights sort of stop!

She asked (with her head bent so low and her face so very down that I could barely hear her),

"Do you ever get so discouraged that you feel like giving up? Question if it's all ever worth it?"

I stared at her for about 10 seconds, as I pondered the depth of this question
and the courage it took for a young girl to voice exactly what I had been struggling with for the past several weeks? Did she know that those thoughts had been prevalent in my mind just that very morning? Did she know how I had been praying for answers to those very questions!?!

After I became aware that my staring at her was probably making her a little uncomfortable,
somewhere deep down inside
resonated this answer:

"Do I ever feel discouraged? Absolutely, positively every day of my whole entire life! Every day I face the challenge of 'can I really fall one more time?' or 'can I possibly stand one more rejection?' or sometimes even 'is it ever really worth it?'.
Every single morning I RISE and look in the mirror and have to ask myself those questions...
and every single morning I must be strong enough rise and look in the mirror to find the answer hidden deep inside myself.
I must decide every morning that I AM worth reaching my divine potential...whatever that may be. I must decide I AM strong enough to brave the storms.
I must decide I AM surrounded with limitless potential
and that I AM good enough.
And I must trust that I AM worth whatever Heavenly Father has told me I am.

This event changed my life forever. I will never forget the power that I felt in every inch of my being. I will never forget the connection I made, knowing that these beautiful children of God need to feel the same power in the same exact words I tell myself every morning,
every time I sit down to write,
every time I step foot into a studio,
every day of my life.



My dear friends, regardless of your situation in life,
regardless of your gender, your age,
your past or your present,
YOU ARE WORTH IT!
You have limitless potential.
You are worth every ounce of energy,
every ache,
every moment,
every try
until you have no more!
You are WORTH pushing through it all.
You are WORTH your divine potential,
never EVER doubt it;
never EVER give up;
never EVER stop reaching and trying.

You ARE worth it.

1 comment:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST OF LEARNING MORE ABOUT "WORTH".
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR WORDS OF LOVE,FAITH AND CONVICTION.