Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Beautiful You" Countdown: The Video Symbolism

WARNING: This post has NO pictures.
Just building a little anticipation... :)

Every single thing I chose to include in my video was symbolic of something.
I have absolutely NOTHING on my set that is of little value...
symbolically speaking.
I wanted to build a video that could stir a deeper meaning.

Here are just a few examples:

The BARN: On the outside it's a bit dusty, but once we see on the inside, it's something beautiful and whole and so much more than we ever imagined. A little like each of us, eh?

The AUDIENCE: every women in all the world, different stations in life,
different shapes/sizes/ages/circumstances
yet once we embrace the "beautiful" in everyone, we will be united.

The DANCER: my beautiful, young dancer represents confidence...confidence in simplicity (thus the very basic, down-to-earth costume), confidence in oneself and confidence in life. Every move that she makes, though sometimes a little unsure or unaware, is made with the confidence that it will be enough.

The RUBY SLIPPERS: Well, to be honest with you, I never had daughters and I just ALWAYS wanted a little, tiny pair of ruby slippers...so to me, they symbolize hope in the future and faith in our daughters...of which I have none...daughters, I mean. BUT, I have hope in the future and faith in YOUR daughters! ('cause one of them might end up being my in-law someday... :)

The COSTUMES: Believe it or not, I went through a LOT of excruciating decision-making upon choosing my own costumes. It may not look that way, but anyone who knows me knows that this was by FAR the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing. First, my casual costume, I wanted to portray myself...as I am...much to everyone's travail! Jeans, t-shirt, hat and, if it hadn't been 45 degrees in the barn, I would have sported flip-flops...but I settled for the next best thing: grass-stained galoshes. Yup. I'm just that sorta gal. AND I'm totally okay with that. I am who I am. I'm at peace with myself and want the world to know that.
Symbol?: complete self-acceptance.

(oops! How did THAT sneak in here...!?!?! mwahahaha)

Just a little FYI: My concert attire, which represents the feminine side in each of us, pushed me a bit, though. I am NOT a real-accessorized sorta person. This took me literally HOURS to find and a whole lotta courage to get all dolled up, but I did it (with helpers) and discovered that I actually ENJOY embracing my feminine side a wee bit.
But for the sake of the bank account...I will resist. ;)

What other hidden meanings or symbolic natures will you discover in the "Beautiful You" video?
Keep track and let me know...
Song/Video Release: April 21, 2012

1 comment:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

love the boots and love the fact that you are embracing "who you are "beautiful"!
Can't wait for the Video !