Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Alone

There are moments in my life where I feel so alone. Some days I feel as though I'm just another being existing in the world and often I feel like I am more of a convenience for so many people than I am a friend. Luckily, today is not one of those days. I have had a lot of time to contemplate the topic the past two months and wish to shed a little light on the subject.

I believe that the Lord allows us time to feel alone. I think it's good for our souls. It gives us the opportunity to draw closer to the things we should be doing and allows us to be less distracted with all the "busy-ness" of the world. I have discovered that when I am feeling lonely, I serve more, give more to those that I wish to be closer to. I seek for those who are in need and serve them in order to have their companionship. Many would view this of "being used" and yet I never do feel that way. I am blessed. I have to reach out of myself in order to be a part of things. It also gives me the opportunity to review myself and look at my habits, my traits and figure out what I need to change to be more of a person. How blessed we are to have the ability to change! To grow and progress is such an amazing ability.


I am indeed grateful for the Savior and his atonement, that I may repent of my shortcomings and continue to progress. Life is too short to be spent focusing on those things we do not have, but rather we should look to those which we do have. I am grateful for time alone.

2 comments:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

MY DEAR DAUGHTER:
YOU GIVE ME SUCH STRENGTH AND COURAGE. OVER THE YEARS I HAVE NOT ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR YOU AND YET YOU HAVE THIS SO AMAZING WAY OF RESPECTING AND FORGIVING ME. I WANT YOU TO KNOW OF MY LOVE FOR YOU.
BE WHO YOU ARE ON THE INSIDE.
SIS REACH DEEP BECAUSE GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU HAS JUST BEGIN. HE WANTS THE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC THAT YOUR PREPARING FOR JUST THE RIGHT TIME.
HE IS IN CHARGE AND I ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU ARE FOLLOWING IN HIS FOOTPRINTS DAILY. BE IN HIS MOMENT.
I TRUELY LOVE YOU AUDREY
LOVE FOREVER
YOUR MOTHER

Unknown said...

WOW, so deep and poetic for a blog posting! I enjoyed reading your blogs.
How is the house thing going?