Like a breath of fresh air, I got some good news today, and at a time when I need it most. It may not be much to anyone else but it meant the world to me. A dear friend of me called this morning to offer a bit of encouragement. I needed to hear it, too. This friend of mine is extremely skilled. She constantly amazed me with her abilities and talents and faith in the Lord. Upon hearing that I had not made my solo auditions AGAIN, she figured my heart was breaking and called to offer a bit of her precious, valuable time. (My heart was actually not breaking, but I'll post about that peace another time.) She took the time to call me and talk for half an hour about my music and where it could go and what I needed to do to improve and remind me to not get discouraged.
How grateful I am for friends who are outright honest with me, who refuse to tell me what I want to hear, but rather give me guidance and constructive criticism, for how else would I ever grow? And to top it all off, she encouraged me to keep going. She said she believes in my potential (which isn't something I take lightly from her, for she doesn't ever give false hope). Oh, how I needed to hear that today!
She urged me to keep trying, to keep going, to stick with it. Even she, who is very professionally knowledgeable with the music industry therefore is a little hard to please when it comes to music, even she said my demo is one CD that she listens to often. That was such a compliment and surprise to me, considering she doesn't listen to outside music much because she needs to be in tune with the music within herself. What a compliment! What a spirit lifter!
How indeed grateful I am to have a friend who never ceases to amaze me, one who is never too busy for those she believes in. A friend who will drop everything and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, not knowing where they may lead. She truly is one I care for so deeply and will do my best to pattern my life after.
No comments:
Post a Comment