Okay, so now I have a second to breathe. I'll fill you in on what transpired last week.
I left early Tuesday morning so I could make it downtown SLC by 9 a.m. Throughout that day I sat and learned as they constructed the instrumentals-completely taking in the orchestra. How beautiful they were! There is so much talent and emotion in those members! It was so mesmerizing to watch them play with so much feeling that I literally got so caught up in watching them that I forgot to take notes! I was in awe.
I sat in as Jenny and Tyler discussed a song they wanted to write, watched as they disappeared for 15 minutes and was amazed when they reappeared with a brand new song.
After, I listened as the pianists (Tyler Castleton and Mike Hicks) recorded their parts to the already recorded orchestrations. In one word, FLAWLESS. They had very little that they had to "punch in" (go back and fix). The way they handled that grand piano was so amazing. I felt moved just by hearing their music without even knowing the lyrics.
The guitarist came in after that. Oh, he's so wonderful and I didn't even get his name. He was so in tune with the spirit of the program that he was able to put it together quickly. During that short time, he also put together music to the song that had just been written. What an inspiration!
About that time, a young man walked in, whom I didn't recognize. After about half an hour I finally asked him about himself. His name was Chad Neth-that was a name I DID recognize. He's such an awe-inspiring singer. (check him out on www.chadneth.com). Jenny has used him on a few of her more recent CDs. The songs I like best of his are "I Will Never Move (Steadfast and Immovable 2008) and "The Greatest Gift" (EFY 2006). I was able to spend the next two days with him, talking to him, becoming a friend. He was such a humble and kind guy. I guess I have in my mind a picture of what I just assume all male singers are and he was none of them. He was confident, but teachable. Happy, but reverent. So very talented, yet so very, very humble. I learned so much from him.
I was able to go home with Jenny for a couple of hours where we discussed my music and I was deeply inspired. She always says just the right thing to me. I felt renewed as I listened to her words and was able to talk candidly about my concerns. We, okay really SHE, also made rice crispy treats for her kids and played with them for a while. We went back to the studio and
began again.
Tuesday evening I participated as the choir sang. I love those people. They are such a part of my life, my learning. I hope that I have shown them how much they mean to me. They are so talented.
After that, I watched as a quartet of men evolved into a beautiful, rescuing song. I knew each of these men. I have felt of their power and testimonies throughout the years. But that night, I had a deeper understanding of them, of their beliefs and of their abilities. I watched as they sang with perfect clarity of the four young men who saved so many lives in the icy cold waters of pioneer times, who risked their own lives to provide a way for hundreds of saints to be carried. I was so touched.
Wednesday brought a new day. That was the most educational for me. I was able to watch as Chad and Jenny recorded their vocals. I was able to better tune in with my ears the difference between one take and the next. I felt the Spirit so strongly as I saw them each use the power of prayer to help sustain them. I watched them as they went through similar emotions as I, myself, often face and I am so grateful. I was so grateful that they were simple human beings as well and through them, great things are brought to pass.
I had a break for a couple of hours after that to leave and spend time with my mom. When I came back it was time for round two of the choir. This part was reserved for the solists of the group, but since I was already there, Jenny insisted that I participate. I learned so much from them. The Spirit that these 20 young women bring into others' lives is so immeasurable. They are a powerful group of young women.
After talking with Jenny, I decided to not come back Thursday. I had learned enough. I felt like I had seen enough. I was overwhelmed, to say the least.
I am so grateful for this opportunity. I spent hours alone with Jenny. Hours alone with Tyler Castleton. I was able to ask questions, get some advice, give some response and develop friendships with so many people that I hope to see again in the near future.
And that is what I have learned from watching the masters at work.
2 comments:
Audrey that sounds so exciting! I'm so glad that you were able to go and be inspired... I'll bet your boys were glad to have you back!
AUDREY
I AM AMAZED AT ALL YOU TOOK IN AND ALSO I KNOW THEY FELT OF YOUR SWEET SPIRIT.
IT WAS A HONOR TO SPEND THURSDAY WITH YOU GOING TO ALL THE CHURCH BUILDINGS WE COULD.
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL AND LOVELY LADY!
I LOVE YOU
MOM
Post a Comment