A really, really great friend called me to talk today about individual worth. She was preparing a lesson for the Young Women in the ward on the topic and thought I would have something to say about it (since she knows I have something to say about EVERYTHING!). We talked for several minutes about what it truly means and why it is important to the Lord that we recognize it. After hanging up, my mind began reeling with the topic and I feel as though I need to write it down. Here are my feelings about the topic.
I feel like, though it seems such a small thing, it is one of the biggest and most important things for us to discover on the earth. In fact, I dare say that next to a testimony of the gospel and it's restoration, it is the most important knowledge we will gain while here on earth. It, along with faith, is what gives us life and allows us opportunity. It is a feeling of self worth in a world of confusion. It is the ability to look at ourselves and see a child of a greater purpose. It is the ability to grow accustomed to one's self, inside and outside.
But most important to remember is that it is individual. My designis different that that of my friend or my sister or my neighbor or my son. I am who the Lord created me to be. I am perfect in His eyes. Must I doubt Him? Whether it's keeping my body healthy and modest or keeping a keen and learned mind. I must do everything I can to keep myself well taken care of so that I reflect to others the sacred way my Father feels about me.
That is how I truly feel.
1 comment:
duh
IT DID IT ON THIS SITE ALSO.
CHANGE IN PROGRESS IN A SECOND.
SIS I LOVE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT INDVIDUAL WORTH. I HAVE DONE FIRESIDES TO YOUNG WOMEN ON THIS SUBJECT AND ENLIGHTENED IT TO A TEACUP AND SAUCER. NO 2 ARE THE SAME. I HAVE THEM LOOK AT THE MANUFACTURER ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CUPS & THE DIFFERENT FLOWERS ETC ON EACH ONE AND LIKEN IT TO CHRIST AND HOW HE SEES EACH OF US AS INDIVIDUALS WITH WORTH OF A QUEEN TO LIVE WITH HIM WHEN THE TIME COMES.
NO ONE CAN TAKE IT FROM US UNLESS WE LET THEM.
LOVE YOUR THOUGHTS
HUGS
MOM
PS. I know why I had babies young, I was worn out today. But loved it.
Post a Comment