This is the song that I submitted for a song writing competition that will be held in August. The judges needed the song by this weekend. They only wanted a simple demo-in fact, they asked for a home recorded copy, but since I don't have that ability, I paid Guy Masterson at Rosewood Studios to record me. He was so inspiring and completely enthusiastic about my stuff (I recorded with him last summer for the other three songs on myspace.) He gave me great feedback as well as a few other leads that I'm trying to follow up on.
Now, keep in mind that, once again, this is not the finished product! I played the piano myself (which is why it's a little choppy) and the vocal isn't smooth and perfected because in this demo I am simply trying to "sell" (not literally, but figuratively speaking) the song, not my voice. The finished product has orchestration throughout the intro, dying down to just piano 8 measures before the vocal (thus explaining the LONG introduction-in my mind it flows really well and sounds amazing). There is also some background vocal and strings return throughout the song.
If you close your eyes and listen with your heart, you can just about sense the strings throughout (Guy did it and he heard them, so I know you can too!).
Happy Listening! Leave me some criticism-both good and bad (I'm pretty toughskinned and I actually enjoy knowing what I need to improve on.)
2 comments:
Audrey, you are SUCH an incredibly talented song writer! That is an AMAZING gift. One in which I wish I had. Your songs are so humble and real. And musically fantastic! I'm a harsh critic, too! :) I love you to pieces.
Sometime I'll have to talk to you about a music dream of mine - producing an album. I'd love to work with you if I ever do it! I just haven't felt like the time is right just yet. But maybe in the next few years!
The song is Beautiful, you are very talented. I'm so lucky to know you. Thanks for being a friend!
Post a Comment