Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My "Fireside"

I had an awesome experience last night. I was asked to speak at a YW Girl's Camp for my aunt. This week I've tried a new approach to life-total confidence. Total and absolute confidence in me and in the Lord. Never looking back to second guess. I just walk hand in hand with the Lord. That's how I approached the "fireside" last night. I had typed up my talk and taken it with me, but once I placed it down, I felt the Spirit speak through my soul. I had no other crutch to lean on other than the whisperings of the Spirit and I felt like the message was delivered in the way that He wanted it to be.
I spoke mainly on being true to yourself, on discovering your own talents and not comparing yourself to others, never trying to become another person but rather developing the gifts and being proud of the person that Heavenly Father created you to be. I feel like it's a message that everyone needs to hear and that it is the sole purpose which holds us back from reaching our full potential.
I've decided to try to write music to go along with the talk, hoping that I can travel and put this program on for others who may need it. Until that music is done, though, I'm travel just to speak and sing a couple of hymns that tie into the program. I guess I'd better think of a title for the project, too. I'll keep you in tabs.

No comments: