Monday, September 28, 2009

The Way of the Disciple

We had a really amazing RS lesson today (again!). I happen to think that we have the BEST teachers in our ward. Our lesson was taken from the talk "The Way of the Disciple" given by Dieter F. Uchdorf (who is one of my VERY favorite speakers of all times). I wanted to share some of my favorite excerpts with the world.

The more we are filled with the Spirit of God, the more we extend ourselves to others.

Discipleship is not a spectator sport. Ours is not a secondhand religion. We cannot receive the blessings of the gospel merely by observing the good that others do. we need to get off the sidelines and practice what we preach.

"We [might] see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever." -quoting Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

To those who feel inadequate because they have not been members of the Church all their lives, to those who feel that they can never make up for the time they have lost, I testify that the Lord needs your specific abilities, talents, and skills. The Church needs you; we need you. It is always the right time to walk in His way. It is never too late.

1 comment:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

THANK YOU DAUGHTER
I ALWAYS LEARN SO MUCH FROM YOU.
REMEMBER I LOVE YOU AND THANKS FOR BEING MY DAUGHTER.
LOVE THE WISDOM

HUGS
MOM