Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

So, anyone who knows me, knows that one of my passions in life is to discover great-tasting recipes. I have quite a collection of recipes. I love to create good food, with normal ingredients. Every now and again, I'm gonna post a recipe that I love. Let's begin today.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into strips or bite-sized pieces
6 slices deli ham
3/4 cup shredded white cheese (mozzerella, italian blend or swiss are by far the best!)
1/2 sleeve round crackers (i.e. Ritz), finely smashed
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 T. flour
2 T. chicken bouillion
cooked brown rice

Preheat oven to 350. In 9x13 pan, arrange chicken pieces. Place ham on top and sprinkle cheese on top of that. Evenly spread crackers on top. Cover with tin foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven.

In saucepan melt butter. In separate container, mix flour and cream until NOT lumpy. Pour into melted butter and add bouillion. Whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened.

To serve, spoon chicken over rice and top with sauce. Mmmmm....mmmmmm.....mmmmmm.

1 comment:

Vintage Soul said...

oooooooo.....sounds yummy! :)