All-righty! I'm super excited for this news, as if you cannot tell: I'm on the 2011 EFY CD! Seriously! Seriously? (That was my original reaction...after which I did a little dance or two or three, which I will NOT show you even if you ask!) Here's how it all went down:
Friday afternoon, while I'm literally up to my elbows in tomatoes (bottling homemade spaghetti sauce is NOT a glamorous ordeal around here), I get this totally random phone call. On the other end I hear, "Audrey? This is Russ Dixon from EFY Have you got a few minutes that you could speak with me about something?" Me, being the graceful and eloquent speaker that I am, I responded, "Uh, sure. I'm just playing in tomatoes right now. Let me wash my hands real quick." (At that point I'm SURE I had won him over...ugh...) I'm not really sure what else he said after that because my heart was pumping so LOUD that I couldn't exactly hear him, so I did what any smart person would do: I went outside. Certainly my heart won't pound this loud outside, right? It worked well enough.
('kay. Step back: For those of you who don't know, Russ Dixon is the top-dog Producer of the EFY albums. He also owns his own music label, owns a photography business, is in partnership with yourldsradio.com and is one of the singer/songwriters/producers AND members of the incredible a capella LDS group Colors. He's a pretty important man in the industry. AND, for those of you who don't know, EFY is the acronym for Especially For Youth, a huge program geared towards building the youth's testimony and is attended throughout North America by over 50,000 teens a year! It is by far one of the most influential experiences the youth are ever exposed to!)
Anyway, we chatted for about 5 minutes about family and tomatoes when he dropped the bomb: "I'm calling about your song 'The One'." (must...keep...breathing....) Anyway, in a nutshell, he wanted ME to drive to HIS HOUSE to work a little bit on the song HE deems as a must have for next year's CD. So, of course I did. I arrived there exactly 14 minutes prior to my appointment, played with his babies a little and chatted with his beautiful wife then sat in his studio for SIX hours working (however incompetently) on polishing it all up and recording the demo for him...while he sat right there...in front of me...absolutely no pressures, right?...Right...
Anyway, it was brought before the EFY board today and, whallah! I'm on the CD! Little-ole, rookie-ole me. what a way to kick off the career, eh? Soooooo....now we're off to the drawing boards to freshen it up, re-record and pump it up a wee bit and see what sort of lives we can influence! Wa-hoooo! Wish me luck, huh? I'm playing with the pros now...
6 comments:
WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU AUDREY!
THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT EXAMPLE OF WHO WE ALL SHOULD AND COULD BE. AND LOVED THE TOMATO'S.
M AND D
Your amazing and you deserve this!!!! We are so so happy for you!!!!
Wahoo that is so exciting. I love EFY cd's. Enjoy!
That is SO awesome!! Wow. Just a little jealous. :)
WOW Audrey, this is amazing!!! congratulations!!!! hey i have a famous cousin now! super awesome! :D <3 syd
Who are you? I don't even think we can be friends anymore because you are soooo freaking amazing! You seriously just freaked my freak right now! Congrats!
Post a Comment