Monday, November 8, 2010

Choose Faith

"...I say choose faith. Choose faith over doubt. Choose faith over fear. Choose faith over the unknown and the unseen and choose faith over pessimism." ~Elder Richard C. Edgely

This past weekend I was listening to my very favorite tunes ever: conference broadcasts. I randomly picked on Elder Edgely's talk and was completely enamored by it. What an amazing talk! It was one that I needed to hear so bad. My world is filled with all sorts of uncertainty right now. The "what ifs" and the "why nots" are so very rampant in my mind. I find myself thinking too many of these sorts of thoughts. But he said it so easy, made it sound so simple. All I have to do is brush aside it all and cling to the faith I hold. All else will settle.

We can each apply Elder Edgely's talk in our lives. What is it in each of our lives that keeps us from progressing? Is it the doubt, either in others or in ourselves? Is it the unknown or the unseen (that happens to be the biggest for me!)? Is it our pessimistic attitude? What is it inside of each of us that holds us back?

I challenge us each to think this through. Dig deep for the answer, come to a conclusion and choose faith to lead us in our lives.

No comments: