Monday, February 7, 2011

Believe


Life.
Life's hard.
Life's good.
Sheesh!
Life is completely unpredictable!
Sometimes it's full of love and bliss and joy and sunshine and fluffy things dipped in chocolate.
While other times it's full of pain and disappointment, beating you up and leaving you cry.
I've ridden the roller-coaster of life enough to have felt what it's like on the uphills as well as the downhills.
Sometimes I even get a little bit of whiplash on from being jerked from one side to the next.
And sometimes, it's made me want to throw up...really.
Sometimes I wonder if I can really, truly handle it.
Sometimes I'm rebuked...okay ALL the time, I am rebuked.
This has been one of those times.

Sitting in church yesterday, healed my soul.
I was rebuked when reading in Mark 9.
"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."


This hit me...like bricks! Like a LOAD of bricks. Like an enormous, gigantic TRUCKLOAD of bricks. All this man had to do was believe and the power of the Lord would be made manifest. Woah! That means ALL things are possible, I just have to believe. And if I truly, truly believe with all my heart, then I, too can see the power of the Lord in my life.
In everything.

And THEN, this morning during my scripture study, I read "I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things. (2 Corinthians 7:16)

What!?!?! He has confidence in me? Doesn't that mean that He BELIEVES in me?...and He's REJOICING about it? hmmmmmm......

In a nutshell, this is what I've learned today: The Lord believes in me, therefore if I believe in the Lord, then anything is possible.

Notice the difference between the two statements:
"The Lord believes in me" vs. "IF I believe in the Lord..."
No "IF" on the first one.
He DOES believe in me.

Just a little food for thought...
(I may or may not feel a song coming on...)




3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this. I had a similar epiphany recently and realized how grateful I am to just have a set of scriptures that can bring such changes in my life. Simple sentences can change my entire way of seeing things. The Lord is amazing.

Lamb said...

Thank you. You are amazing. Enough said.

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

THANK YOU

BELIEVING IS A HARD THING TO DO AT TIMES, WHEN ALL AROUND YOU IS IN UPROOTED. BUT LOVED THE WAY YOU EXPLAINED BELIEVE.

MADE MY DAY ALOT BETTER

MOM