Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Cure For the Blues...

Today, I feel a wee-bit down in the dumps. I have a tiny case of the blues. I shouldn't 'cause life is coming along just swimmingly, but I am. Sometimes we all feel a little bit this way. I think it may be the lack of Vitamin D...really, sun, show yourself already.

So, because I feel this way, I want to perk myself up and what better way than to count my blessings! Here are 5 random things that I am grateful for this week (in perfectly random order). It's titled:

5 Random Things I Am Grateful For This Week
(creativity is one of my strong points... :)

1. I am super grateful for the opportunity to resign from the elementary school in order to become the assistant to an amazing songwriter/arranger/producer who creates amazing things like this:


2. And, as a celebration for myself I bought these:My new rain boots! Ever since I was in high school, I've dreamed of owning a pair of rain boots. I love the simple, shabby-chicness of them. I love their versatility. I love how cute and down home they look....
so I bought me some just like these way cute ones...except not red.
They're black and white.

3. My husband and I celebrated our FOURTEENTH anniversary this week.

i {heart} him

and...

4. As celebration of our anniversary, we decided we deserved to splurge:
So we began with this:Moved on to this:and ended with this...
(any of you who have ever tried to eat 100% healthy understand why I am SOOOOOO grateful for this!!!)

5. I am grateful for the authors of good books which allow me to read without having to repent afterward. I love the art of writing. I love the art of reading. I love that I can go to
www.shelfari.com
and keep track of all the good books I've read.
I've created a virtual list. It's on the right-hand side of the blog...

I feel much better now!

1 comment:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

LOVE THE BOOTS AND ALL YOUR RANDOM THINGS.