Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seriously, the BEST and the EASIEST Cheeseball Recipe...EVER!

It's CHEESEBALL season!!!
(random, I know.)

But I'm a "chip and dip" sorta gal.
Actually, I'm an "anything and dip" sorta gal.
I just love me a good dip.

SOOOO...

when I tasted this amazing cheeseball,
I absolutely sprouted wings!
I was in heaven.

Then I introduced it to my husband's family.
And now, of course,
it is THE most requested dish
at any of the holiday get-togethers!

My favorite part?
You smash it together with your hands!
So. Much. Fun.
PLUS, it takes about 10 minutes.
That's all.

Disclaimer: I will use the term "smoosh" throughout this recipe. I don't actually know if it's a real word, but to me it means "to smash and squish in a way that it makes it really, really, really well blended"

Cheeseball

2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup finely diced pastrami lunchmeat
(I like to use the cheap Western Family or Buddig brands)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup finely diced celery
1 cup finely sliced green onions
(I'm a sucker for dried chives, personally, so I use 1/4 c. of them instead)
1 to 1 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans

With hands (that have been washed with soap and water and dried and not touched anything in between....:), smoosh together cheeses. When well combined, add pastrami and veggies. Smoosh all together really good. Shape into a ball and roll into pecans.
Chill.
Eat.
Enjoy.

No comments: