Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flashback: Bread 2011 (and a FREE recipe!)

A year or so ago, I blogged about:

 
I have my favorite blog posts
Some are better than others.
This is one of my favorites...
and one I really needed to reread today.

I think we could all use to read it again.
I believe it could help a lot of us.
Click below for the "flashback blog post".
Let me know your feelings.

Flashback BREAD blog post

Then...
(now that you're all craving delicious carbs)
try out the following recipe with your favorite bread.

Bread Dip

Blend 1 teaspoon of EACH of the following in an airtight container and shake well to mix:

*crushed red pepper
*ground black pepper
*oregano
*rosemary
*basil
*parsley
*garlic powder
*kosher salt 

When ready to serve, spoon 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoon  mixture onto a plate or in a shallow bowl and add 1/4 c. olive oil.  Mix well then eat with your favorite carbs.

(FYI:  our family prefers sourdough, toasted 9-grain, rye, pumpernickel, and any of the other "dry" baguettes.)


No comments: