
The camp directors chose the theme "Just Be Beautiful You". The entire 4-day camp was devoted to helping the young women embrace the beautiful souls they possess and the invidual selves they are designed to be. There were uplifting quotes, signs, videos (seriously. Watch this. It's super cool.), talks and crafts centered around this theme. My song, "Beautiful You" was chosen as the theme song. I was given the opportunity to wrap up the last evening of camp by speaking on self-acceptance, self-esteem, and self-confidence.

After my presentation, I was blessed to sit in on a small testimony meeting where the YW bore humble but emotional testimony of their self-worth and how they now know and can fully embrace just how beautiful they truly, truly are. One young 12 year old girl has left a lasting impression on me, though, as she enthusiastically said, "I know that I am sometimes hyper and annoying and sometimes people don't like that. But after this week, I have learned that I am who I am and with every silly little thing that I do, Heavenly Father is watching and smiling and He thinks that it's the most adorable little thing He's ever seen."
Yes, my dear. Yes, He is.
And then, during (yes, during) my closing number, I was bombarded with wonderful hugs and handshakes and smiles and tears and pure acceptance. I was changed because of these selfless YW. They left a lasting impression on my mind because of their undeniable strength and testimonies. Before I could even see them, I felt of their strong spirits and I know that someday, someday, they. will. move. mountains.
Here are a few more photos of the evening. Enjoy!
Yes, my dear. Yes, He is.
And then, during (yes, during) my closing number, I was bombarded with wonderful hugs and handshakes and smiles and tears and pure acceptance. I was changed because of these selfless YW. They left a lasting impression on my mind because of their undeniable strength and testimonies. Before I could even see them, I felt of their strong spirits and I know that someday, someday, they. will. move. mountains.
Here are a few more photos of the evening. Enjoy!
(Paparazzi...in bandanas and braids and "Beautiful You" t-shirts!)



No comments:
Post a Comment