The following is an excerpt from a book written by Marvin J. Ashton entitled "Be of Good Cheer".
Be of good cheer without fear. With world conditions of riots, protests, arms build-ups, wars and rumors of war, mistrust, poverty, disappointment, terrorism, tragedies and so on, there has never been a period in history when there is a greater need to accept another of the Lord's eternal promises: "Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, ye my servants. Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you...(D&C 68:5-6)...
With God's help, good cheer permits us to rise above the depressing present or difficult circumstances...
None of us will escape tragedy and suffering...However, if we can recall the Lord's promise "for I the Lord am with you," we will be able to face our problems with dignity and courage. We will find the strength to be of good cheer instead of becoming resentful, critical, or defeated...
The fruits of cheerfulness lie within each of us...They will never come from without. They cannot be purchased or stolen. They are above price...
What a joy it is to see someone of good cheer, who, when others because of an unpleasant happening or development live in angry silence or vocal disgust, meets the situation with cheerful endurance and good spirits...
Being of good cheer makes it possible for us to turn all of our sunsets into sunrises. With good cheer, carrying our cross can be our ladder to happiness.
2 comments:
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL DEAR DAUGHTER OF MINE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM
HUGS AND LOVE ALWAYS
MOTHER
What a super message-I needed that tonight Audrey. Thanks for sharing. We have so much to be grateful for and to filled with cheer, sometimes I forget and become selfish, I needed the reminder. Love, Vic
Post a Comment