Friday, November 18, 2011

A Glimpse Inside My Heart


I'd like to be quite open with you.
Just once.
For just a moment.

Today, my heart is full.
Full of love.
Full of hope.
Full of fear.

It's funny how, at least in my life,
those things all go together
hand in hand
time and time again.

It seems that joy and sorrow
are often related.

Do you ever find in life that those things which are most important
are the things you must work the hardest for?
And sometimes, since you can't exactly see into the future,
those are the things that scare you the most?
They are the things that are
most unpredictable.
They are the things which oftentimes will first bring heartache
before there is peace.
(courtesy pinterest.com)

This is my place today.
I am undertaking, once again, the possibility of rejection.
My prayer is for courage.
I pray that I will be able to swallow the pain and the fear and the upsets I've had
in order to wake up again and say, as was in the previous quote,
"I will try again tomorrow."

It's not an easy thing.
It's a very hard, hard thing
to face rejection and disappointment.
It's even more difficult
time and time again.
Intimidating, perhaps.
Overwhelming, for sure.

So today, I face the day with courage.
Praying with all my might
that I will not fail.
And that if I do,
if I must fail,
I will find the strength to try again
and again
and again.
And when all my tries are gone
I will find strength and courage
to try once more.

For, it is what my heart tell me I must do.

1 comment:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

COURAGE, FAITH AND LOVE FOR YOU THIS DAY. NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON BUT KNOW PRAYERS ARE MIXED IN WITH THE ABOVE.

ME