Four months ago,
friends of mine, Jessi and Cristi,
(who happen to own my favorite photography business ever
Hiya Papaya)

ran an inner beauty campaign.
I loved it.
I asked if they'd ever considered a song for the campaign.
They told me to write one.
I did.
The End.
~
Not really.
There's SO much more to the story...
That just kicked it off.
~
I was actually in a very vulnerable place in my life, scared and nervous to try again...
or keep trying...
or whatever.
BUT,
I wanted to do this.
And I wanted to do this to the full extent-no excuses, no reserves.
I wanted to write a song that I believed in.
I wanted to write about a truth that is too often overlooked,
underplayed,
underdeveloped.
I wanted to build a song that reminded men of the beautiful women of their life
and why they feel they are beautiful.
I wanted a song that made women think of the inner strength they see and encourage and uplift in each other.
I was determined to create a song that inspired women
of all ages, in all situations, in all the world
to fully embrace who they are and what makes them uniquely beautiful.
Because I KNOW that there is something beautiful inside each of us.
There is.
I promise.
Well, knowing that in order to capture what others feel, I needed to know their feelings.
So, I turned to
asking my followers from all over the world what they felt made a woman truly beautiful.
Surprisingly enough, most of the comments were left
by MEN...and YOUNG MEN...
It made me so proud of them. :)
So, I took ALL of the comments and made a list (because I'm a cronic list-maker),
lauched myself into intense prayer and meditation
and spent lots and lots of time alternating between
the out-of-tune piano and the noisy old computer
crafting lyrics/music to capture the feelings of each and every one of those comments.
Here's an excerpt:
I now had music and a lyric (a pretty good one, if I might say so myself)....
just one tiny problem: GUITARS/DRUMS.
How was I to put to work the instruments in my head!?! I've never worked with a band before!!! And me writing guitars with drums? What in the WORLD was I thinking!!!
(yes. I thought in EXCLAMATION points. A lot.)
Uh......so out of my comfort zone of soft, reverent, inspirational music.
Maybe I should call Hilary Weeks, who was my BFF-for-a-day...once...many, many months ago.
I didn't.
I decided I was going to do this the right way, the brave way:
I swallowed my pride (and turned beet, BEET red) as I pitched my idea to
amazingly talented, super-powered musician Tyler Castleton;
sweating bullets and shaking uncontrollably.
Immediately, he was caught on the project.
Enthusiastically.
Full support.
I about died from hyperventilation.
So....
We hired a band.
We hired a studio.
We hired a second vocalist,
Jen Marco,
(who happened to take this song to a whole new level!)
I created a "choir" with my own voice.
And now...

Well, you'll just have to see what you think for yourself...
(song/video release: Saturday, April 21st, 2012)

(who happen to own my favorite photography business ever
Hiya Papaya)

ran an inner beauty campaign.I loved it.
I asked if they'd ever considered a song for the campaign.
They told me to write one.
I did.
The End.
~
Not really.
There's SO much more to the story...
That just kicked it off.
~
I was actually in a very vulnerable place in my life, scared and nervous to try again...
or keep trying...
or whatever.
BUT,
I wanted to do this.
And I wanted to do this to the full extent-no excuses, no reserves.
I wanted to write a song that I believed in.
I wanted to write about a truth that is too often overlooked,
underplayed,
underdeveloped.
I wanted to build a song that reminded men of the beautiful women of their life
and why they feel they are beautiful.
I wanted a song that made women think of the inner strength they see and encourage and uplift in each other.
I was determined to create a song that inspired women
of all ages, in all situations, in all the world
to fully embrace who they are and what makes them uniquely beautiful.
Because I KNOW that there is something beautiful inside each of us.
There is.
I promise.
Well, knowing that in order to capture what others feel, I needed to know their feelings.
So, I turned to
asking my followers from all over the world what they felt made a woman truly beautiful.Surprisingly enough, most of the comments were left
by MEN...and YOUNG MEN...
It made me so proud of them. :)
So, I took ALL of the comments and made a list (because I'm a cronic list-maker),
lauched myself into intense prayer and meditation
and spent lots and lots of time alternating between
the out-of-tune piano and the noisy old computer
crafting lyrics/music to capture the feelings of each and every one of those comments.
Here's an excerpt:
I see beautiful love
And a beautiful strength
A beautiful hope through a beautiful pain
I see beautiful tears on a beautiful face
Where a beautiful courage makes a beautiful....strength
(copyright 2012 Audrey Bandley Music)
And a beautiful strength
A beautiful hope through a beautiful pain
I see beautiful tears on a beautiful face
Where a beautiful courage makes a beautiful....strength
(copyright 2012 Audrey Bandley Music)
I now had music and a lyric (a pretty good one, if I might say so myself)....
just one tiny problem: GUITARS/DRUMS.
How was I to put to work the instruments in my head!?! I've never worked with a band before!!! And me writing guitars with drums? What in the WORLD was I thinking!!!
(yes. I thought in EXCLAMATION points. A lot.)
Uh......so out of my comfort zone of soft, reverent, inspirational music.
Maybe I should call Hilary Weeks, who was my BFF-for-a-day...once...many, many months ago.
I didn't.
I decided I was going to do this the right way, the brave way:
I swallowed my pride (and turned beet, BEET red) as I pitched my idea to
amazingly talented, super-powered musician Tyler Castleton;
sweating bullets and shaking uncontrollably.
Immediately, he was caught on the project.
Enthusiastically.
Full support.
I about died from hyperventilation.
So....
We hired a band.
We hired a studio.
We hired a second vocalist,
Jen Marco,
(who happened to take this song to a whole new level!)
I created a "choir" with my own voice.
And now...

Well, you'll just have to see what you think for yourself...
(song/video release: Saturday, April 21st, 2012)

1 comment:
I AM SO FULL OF ANTICIPATION, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RELEASE. I'VE SEEN PART OF THE SET FOR THE VIDEO AND HEARD THE SONG. SO IT WILL BE AMAZING TOGETHER.
THANKS FOR TAKING ON AND SHARING THIS PROJECT OF LOVE AND DETERMINATION AUDREY.
MAKE TODAY HAPPY !
Post a Comment